Author Topic: Another 140C Version  (Read 354 times)

salmonfishing

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
Another 140C Version
« on: January 25, 2018, 11:46:55 AM »
It is interesting and fun to come across reel versions you had not seen before. The Laker II Model 140C shows up in the 1977 and 1978 catalogs only. The 1977 catalog pictures the reel with white straight line lettering (a correction from my previous version post) on the badge but with black handle, button and button lock. My white letter version has the white handle, button and button lock.  In the 1978 catalog appears as best I can tell a black straight line lettered version with the black handle, button and button lock which matches the reel in the middle of my picture of three. I just came across a version that features the lettering on the badge to be curved rather than in a straight line. It is interesting to also note that this curved lettered version also has no drain hole like the left reel or indented tab like on the other two front covers. And if you look closely on the right reel you can see a tab on the main frame top of the threads  that a notch in the rear cover slides around when you put it on. Since the other two reels have an indented tab, I think that tab functions as a stop to keep from over tightening the front cover. On the curved letter reel, the tab on the main frame top I assume replaces those indebted tabs to keep from over tightening the front cover. For only making this model for just a couple of years, Johnson seems to have had a few subtle variations for whatever reason.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal