Author Topic: Century Lite 125 pictures  (Read 822 times)

salmonfishing

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
Century Lite 125 pictures
« on: August 07, 2017, 02:30:39 PM »
A nice little reel. It has the pinion gear installed with the circular flat end inside the crank gear. This has the nylon(?) retainer holding the spring in place on the shaft. I have seen this before but have never attempted to take it apart as I don't know how you would do it without causing damage to the retainer. If someone can tell me if it is removable and how, that would be great.

Huckster37

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Century Lite 125 pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 08:03:53 PM »
Nice reel. I heard it said that you can cut a piece off tubing of a 409 sprayer to replace the retainer, but I have never tried it. I also have never taken a pinion assembly with this type of retainer apart. I just shove the gear back against the spring and spray and wipe it off.Then put a little oil on shaft at both sides of the gear then push the gear back and forth a few times.

salmonfishing

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 07:18:16 AM »
Thanks for the info Dennis. I currently do like you do and believe I will continue to do it that way so as not to mess anything up. Wife might not like me messing with her 409 bottle anyway!

Skip Smith

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 07:58:02 PM »
I needed one of those nylon retainers.  Took the pinion shaft to the hardware store, showed 'em what I needed and after some experiments, found that riding lawn mower gas line worked perfectly.  The gentleman gave me six inches of gas line and said "Bye".

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal