Author Topic: about Huckster37  (Read 1125 times)

Huckster37

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
about Huckster37
« on: November 08, 2015, 02:16:43 PM »
Hi my name is Dennis Oliver, 58 years old from Evansville, In. I just discovered this site the other day. I've been searching the web for a Johnson fan site for several months & I am very happy to have finally found you. Growing up Johnson Century's were the only spinning reels my dad and grandfather used, so that was my 1st reel. I used those old Century's up into early adulthood, not even sure what happened to them. Later in life after a period of non-fishing I decided to start again, naturally I went to the store a bought a Century, but it was nothing like those old one's I grew up using. I ended up using Zebco's for years, then early this spring I saw an old Century 100A at a yard sale. I bought it and cleaned it up, tried it out and wished I had another one. Then I made the mistake of looking for one on eBay. I now have more Johnson's than I can use and have become somewhat of a collector. These are the only reels that I fish with now, I'm also using old cork-handled rods and an old metal tackle box. Today I enjoy fishing more than ever, and look forward to learning everything about the old Johnson's and their history.

Thanks I hope this site stays active

Dennis

Matt W

Re: about Huckster37
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 06:28:30 PM »
Welcome aboard!  I'm glad that you found us.  We welcome your input and contributions to the site and share your passion for Johnson reels.  Your story sounds quite similar to mine and probably a lot of others on this site.  Be careful, these Johnsons can get addicting...

AL

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
  • Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 04:22:58 AM »
Dennis, we hope we can keep the site active also. there are only a couple of us that pay much attention to it currently. It would be fun to see it active and thriving.

Waders

Skip Smith

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 07:26:21 PM »
Welcome aboard, Dennis!  Glad to have you with us!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal