Author Topic: Princess Model 100AP dealer display  (Read 215 times)

salmonfishing

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
Princess Model 100AP dealer display
« on: May 21, 2017, 04:09:02 PM »
A cool way for a Johnson dealer to display the Princess fishing reel. What is interesting about this is that I think the box that came with this AP Model was a transition between the original 100-A Princess box and the ultimate Model AP box. On the original 100-A box, you can see the “Princess” name on the front cover on the reel picture on the box. Also the box on the side has the same fish designs like on the Century boxes. On the box  that came with this 100AP reel, you can see the that even though it says Model 100-A, they changed the box to show things like a crown, a mermaid, and a fancy “P”. Also the reel picture n the box does not contain the “Princess” name on the front cover. Nor does the marketing display insert that goes into the front cover hole. So while I don’t know for sure, I believe this display and box is a transition box as Johnson was working to differentiate the Princess from a Century model reel. This Model Princess AP is very clean and looks unused. The black plastic stand is intact and this item came with the box, stand, reel and papers all together.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 04:10:05 PM by salmonfishing »

Skip Smith

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Model 100AP dealer display
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 07:39:09 PM »
Great find, Chuck!  Very clean example of the Princess model.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal