Author Topic: New To The Forum  (Read 724 times)

sailorb

New To The Forum
« on: April 18, 2017, 04:19:19 PM »
I was going through some old fishing gear left to me by my family and came across a Citation 110 reel that I vaguely remember using as a kid some 50 years ago. I cleaned it up and lubed it externally, put some new 8# line on it and am going to try it out on an old Shakespeare casting rod, also from my youth. I assume it is a 110, not an A or B because it is so marked. It seems to work smoothly, but I haven't fully disassembled it yet for cleaning. Any hints or a website to give me some instructions.

AL

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
  • Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
    • View Profile
Re: New To The Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:10:55 AM »
You should be able to get all the help you need right here. We have some folks that could disassemble, clean, lube, and reassemble blindfolded.

salmonfishing

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
Re: New To The Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 11:41:06 AM »
Hi. I would suggest looking at posted pics to see what the parts look like but also look at the 110 schematics for this reel model posted I believe on page 4 on the schematics board. Those schematics showing how pieces fit together in the various reels have helped me tremendously. Any specific questions you have as you work on it you can post and I am sure those with knowledge would answer. Have fun with it!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal