Author Topic: 1966 Catalog last page  (Read 499 times)

salmonfishing

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
1966 Catalog last page
« on: February 27, 2017, 04:58:00 PM »
I was looking through the various catalogs Huckster37 posted and today made it to the last page of the 1966 catalog. I find it very fascinating! Especially the Sidewinders in the picture. On the second row from the bottom it appears and  I assume from left to right the Sidewinders pictured are 10A, 20, 40, 40A, 60 with the 22, 44, and 80 being the last three on the right. So what is intriguing based on their commentary is what about the three on the bottom? Is the one on the left  the original Model 10 based other pictures I have seen? And if so, what are the two next to it? They appear to be wider on the side compared to the Sidewinders on the second row. Or is the one on the left the original prototype and the next two are what the actual production and marketed Model 10's looked like? One green and one maybe silver? Fascinating! I also find it interesting that of all of the handles you can see on the Sidewinders on the second row, with the exception of the one on the far right, they all have black knobs. I have at least two of each Sidewinder from Model 10A on up. With the exception of the mysterious Model 80 that I recently posted pics of on the Model 80 site, all of my reels have white knobs. Again, very fascinating!

Huckster37

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
Re: 1966 Catalog last page
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 08:09:09 PM »
Let me muddle things up even more with a low quality black & white picture. This is an ad from "Outdoor Life Magazine" August 1950. If you look below Johnson where the arrow goes thru it, doesn't it say Model 10 A? Wish who ever owns those reels in that catalog picture would join this group.

salmonfishing

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
Re: 1966 Catalog last page
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 06:08:45 AM »
When you enlarge that catalog picture, it also appears there are some kind of tags in front of each reel which probably identify what they are. I have got to believe this had to be a Johnson display case. When they closed shop at their facility, someone or some company had to have taken it. So it probably is sitting in some basement or backroom. I agree it would really be nice if whoever has it joined so we could get pics! Especially of those bottom three reels. You can bet I will earnestly be on the lookout for something that looks like them!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal