Author Topic: Time to Get the Johnsons Ready!  (Read 1808 times)

Matt W

Time to Get the Johnsons Ready!
« on: April 04, 2015, 02:06:45 PM »
Its that time of year again.  Fishing opener is about a month away.  The ice is off the lakes and the northern ducks are passing through.  I love watching the migratory birds pass through on their way north and the return of our summer residents, the most famous of course is our loons. 

It's time to pull the old line out of the Johnsons and spool in new.  I don't necessarily do this every year, depending upon how much use each reel received the previous year.  I'm hoping to use mine more this year than I have in the past so I'm going to put new line in all of them.  I like to pull the side plate and add a dab of gear lube also just to keep things running smoothly.  With a little maintenance these Johnsons will run forever!   

Here's hoping that your Johnson gets a workout this year!

Skip Smith

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Time to Get the Johnsons Ready!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 06:09:25 PM »
I'm getting four diff models ready for the 2016 season.  I'm going to commit blasphemy and use a Zebco 909 with 8 lb. line for the first time, a Century 135, also with 8 lb. line, have a Johnson Century C200B combo with 8 lb., and a Johnson Sabra 4 ultra-light spincaster (Chinese-made) with 4 lb. test line.  My underspin/triggerspin line-up will remain unchanged from 2015.  A Johnson Unispin 7256/10 lb. test, a Zebco 44 triggerspin/8 lb. test, a Johnson Fiskar I 511/ 8 lb. test and a Johnson Scorpion U5C triggerspin/4 lb.

Huckster37

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 06:20:37 PM »
I have a 80 sidewinder 6lb test, Centennial 120 6lb test & a 710A 8lb test, all cleaned, lubed, mounted, just waiting for the Bluegill spawn to begin. I'll keep a couple century 100B's in the tackle box as back-up.

Skip Smith

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 12:13:32 PM »
Sounds like you're well-armed, Dennis!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal