Author Topic: Just A Newbie  (Read 1230 times)

Koga

Just A Newbie
« on: February 15, 2017, 02:23:58 PM »
Greetings Johnson Reel Fans

I am just a newbie to the forum but have been a fan of the Johnson Reel for many years and have a small collection that I keep oiled and polished. I also have some of the manuals for the reels if anyone needs one of them posted.
I have long enjoyed the Johnson Reels for their smoothness and simplicity. I look forward to discussing Johnson reels with all of you.

Koga

Ron

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Just A Newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 10:45:56 PM »
Welcome.  Post some of your reels and manuals for all to see.   What do you fish for?

Koga

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 11:54:41 AM »
Greetings Karma

I primarily fish for trout, crappie, blue gill, bass, catfish and walleye. I occasionaly fish for Musky. I will scan some of the manuals and schematics that I have as wellas post some pics of my small collection of Johnson Reels. Some of the reels I still use ona regular basis. Pulled ina 40 inch channel cat on one of my Johnson century's last summer. It was a big fight as to who had who.

Have A Great Day
Koga

Skip Smith

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 07:40:42 PM »
Welcome, Koga!  Glad to have you with us!  Lots of like-minded people and good info.  I've fished with Johnson reels for over 30 years.

Koga

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 08:27:35 AM »
Greetings again Karma

I am taking a few minutes this morning to try and upload pics of my small Johnson reel collection and also to scan and upload some of the manuals as well. I am attaching along with this post scans of the Sabra and 710 Manuals along with some piocs.

Keep Your Line Tight and keep reeling those Johnson Reels,

Koga
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:40:50 AM by Huckster37 »

Koga

Re: Johnson Brochure
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 08:39:12 AM »
Hi Again Johnson Reel Officionados

I am posting a scan of a Johnson Reel brochure that was put out at the time the Sabra first came on the market. I think you will find it interesting reading.

Tight Lines
Koga
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:41:57 AM by Huckster37 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal