Author Topic: About RZBK  (Read 724 times)

rzbk

About RZBK
« on: May 01, 2016, 04:31:04 AM »
My name is Jim, 67 years old from Northwest Arkansas, have been interested in and collected all sorts of vintage items most of my life which I now peddle mostly on eBay.

I currently have a Johnson Century 2000 close face reel with the line opening on the reel face being a vertical  1 1/4" slot. Also have the small green and black Laker model 140, a Chairman model 820 open face, a Sabre model 545 and a model 225.

Thanks to all involved in developing and operating a site such as this as I know it's hard work, time consuming and many times a thankless endeavor. Now it's time to see if I just wasted 20 minutes or if I'm a newly introduced member in good standing!

Hmm, not so good... Still trying after 35 minutes and apparently I'm not introducing but seems like I'm supposed to send this to a member by name. I tried sending to "members"and got a message saying "members" could not be found and after looking around for someone I saw this name " Johnson Reel Collectors Assn".

Figuring that name would surely work I typed it in, worked the fun little puzzle and then received this message. "The following error or errors occurred while posting this message: One or more 'to'-recipients could not be found."

So, it appears I will not be introducing myself, will not be a member in good standing at least after this frustrating ordeal which started shortly after 5:00 AM and about to end as I give up at 6:10 AM.

I'm going to try to find a member in order to not lose my intro after wasting all this time. I now understand why the flying message states to take a "couple minutes" to introduce yourself but it is not mandatory, but it helps us to get to know you sooner.

Seems to me some easily found and easily followed instructions would accomplish that goal in a much faster and certainly less irritating fashion that this ordeal has been so far.

Good day all."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:30:59 AM by Waders »

AL

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
  • Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
    • View Profile
Re: Still attempting my introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 10:44:26 AM »
You have definitely posted your Intro on the correct Board. I will have to do some work so that this doesn't happen in the future.

My apologies,

Admin

Skip Smith

• Administrator
  • Johnson Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Still attempting my introduction
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 09:03:57 PM »
Hey, Jim, welcome aboard at JRCA!  Both of us are members here and at Fishing Talks, and we're neighbors!  You're in NW AR and I'm in SW MO.  I'm gonna hit 69 y.o. in a couple of weeks, so we're contemporaries, agewise, too!
I have around 70-75 reels, mostly Johnson, with an assortment of Zebco, Shakespeare, Diawa, Abu Garcia, Heddon, Pflueger, etc. thrown in.  Nearly all of my "fleet" is spincast reels.  In the last year, I've become addicted to vintage Eagle Claw cork-handled casting rods, too.
I'm in Monett, MO, phone 417 235 5683, email skips98@att.net.
I fish Table Rock Lake, Roaring River State Park, various creeks and ponds, mostly for bass and panfish.
Maybe we can connect this summer!  Hope to hear from you.

Skip Smith

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal